Wood fuel is a sustainable and renewable form of green heat. As an alternative to using fossil fuels it can help reduce net greenhouse gas emissions. It can also help to improve the condition of woods and forests through sustainable conservation and management.
Here are some of the key sustainable features of our wood fuel:
- All our fuel is virgin wood produced from sustainably farmed woods and forests.
- All our fuel is traceable – we log and keep samples of wood from each area of forest.
- All our fuel is clean with no contamination from waste wood – and delivered in dedicated vehicles used only for clean wood fuel.
- We only work with operators who can demonstrate sustainability and carbon traceability.
- Our policy of providing local fuel to local boilers reduces haulage costs and carbon emissions while stimulating local economies and employment.
Supporting sustainable woodlands
We support the Forestry Commission’s key objectives for sustainably managed and valued woodlands: